We are looking for a skilled Senior Developer who will be responsible for developing websites and web systems for our company.
You will have solid knowledge and experience in programming applications.
This is a great role for someone with 5 years+ of experience who is already in a Senior Developer role or is an experienced Developer, looking to build and manage their own team.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Laravel code for our web application.
- Develop all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Integrate the web application with other systems by creating well-structured API endpoints for a native app.
- Collaborate with front-end developers and project managers to ensure the project meets business requirements and goals.
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, from conception to deployment.
- Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimisation and functionality.
- Proven experience as a Senior Developer.
- Extensive experience with Laravel and PHP.
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with object relational mappers (ORMs)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Git or other version control systems.
- Experience developing with CRM systems such as Hubspot
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and performance tuning skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision
Our ideal candidate may also have:
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
At Hewitt Matthews, we’re passionate about our culture, our values and about always improving our way of working.
We give all team members a large amount of flexibility and autonomy, and in return ask them to hold themselves accountable to their colleagues, clients and the agency as a whole to deliver exceptional outcomes.
We’re committed to building a truly exceptional place to work. And while we’d never claim to always get it right, we do promise that we’ll always do our best. Here are some of the benefits of joining our team:
- An exciting opportunity to grow with one of Hampshire’s fastest-growing digital agencies
- Genuinely flexible working and a commitment to supporting “life beyond work” for our team members
- Free on-site parking with 24/7 security (if needed)
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working options
- Competitive salary based on talent and experience
- Pension contributions
- Conferences, events, and training days
- Regular company social events
- A non-hierarchical structure that celebrates expertise and supports autonomy
You will be an important part of a growing agency and will be a part of a close-knit company with progression opportunities and a bright future ahead.
If you are interested in finding out about this Senior PHP Developer opportunity, please click ‘apply now’ or email [email protected] with your CV attached.